As the recruitment trends are changing, more organizations prefer hiring contract workers than hiring regular employees. There is no scarcity of well educated and professionally trained IT geeks who are interested to find suitable contract jobs overseas. They can either follow different job portals or simply submit their resume to reliable subcontracting services to seek recruitment assistance. However, they will have to be sure that they have mentioned all the skills on their resume, as it helps to get shortlisted by the recruiters much more quickly. Those who are left unnoticed should not be disheartened and try to enhance their skillsets instead.
Hard and Soft Skills That Needs to Be Polished
Being highly educated is not enough if you lack certain hard and soft skills that can be helpful in grasping better career opportunities. It becomes even more essential for those who are willing to find high paying IT jobs in Europe, UK, and India.
They should focus on the following hard skills that are in demand:
- Proficiency in a foreign language– A job seeker should be well versant with the language of the country in which he is going to work. It is a compulsory factor that needs to be highlighted in the resume.
- A professional degree or certification: The candidate should be able to validate the certificates of his professional degrees. Those having added skills such as Oracle or Java should be able to produce their certificates.
- Database Management– Employers usually get impressed by the professionals who have the ability to carry out data analysis, file management, accounts management, database software management, as well as data planning and integrity.
- Programming Languages: Having knowledge of Java, Python, C++, Perl, Ruby, and more such programming languages can help to get better job opportunities.
- Cloud computing: There is a huge demand for cloud computing experts, so it will be better to acquire rich experience in the related field before applying for jobs in Europe.
- Blockchain and Supply Chain: Blockchain and supply chain techniques are used widely in the current times, so learning these skills can enhance career prospects.
- UI/UX Designing: Having knowledge of UI/UX designing can help the candidate to find lucrative jobs in Europe.
- Digital marketing: Digital marketing is becoming highly popular these days, so it will be better to learn all about it.
Soft skills that are considered to be necessary:
- Creativity: a person should be able to use innovative ideas for completing the assigned jobs successfully.
- Self Motivation: Since a contract worker is going to work independently, so he should have the quality of self-motivation.
- Collaboration: A contract worker should have the ability to collaborate with the team of professionals as well as the customer in order to complete a complex project successfully.
- Adaptability: A subcontractor should be able to get adapted to an entirely new environment; otherwise, he won’t be able to showcase his potential in a full-fledged manner.
- Time Management: It is the most important soft skill that helps to increase productivity and satisfy the employer in a better way.
- Communication: One should be a good communicator. It means that he should be a good listener and a confident speaker.
- Ability to work under pressure: One should be able to handle the pressure and tackle tough situations with patience.
- Willingness to learn: Zeal for learning new things helps in staying updated and being in demand.